Sunday, September 14, 2008

Goodbye Dubai, Goodbye



We've spent the last several months mulling (and joking) about moving to Dubai (United Arab Emirates). Why not? THEY've got the novelty of the indoor ski dome! THEY've got more cranes in the one city than the rest of the world put together (Jared measures the value of a place by the number of cranes it contains). They are currently building a resort FIVE, count em 5, times bigger than Disney World. AND they've got a bunch of man-made islands off their coast shaped like the globe. Need I continue?

Sure, so a few of the 911 bombers were from there, but seriously, it's SO SAFE (for the middle east) and just a hop skip and a jump to Europe for our kids soccer tourneys and what not. Right? So why not? WHY not indeed? (Then there's the Russia option, but I won't get into that).

Well, as it turns out we are moving to the desert, but not to that one. We will be stocking up on Clinical Strength deodorant and Neutrogena hand cream instead for our move to the loverly desert of Arizona. I'm having a bit of a hard time saying goodbye to the beautiful, green, national arbor city of the year, national no-cuss day, filming mecca of South Pasadena! This town is so darn cute. If I can swipe the camera back from the Big J, I'll take some pics of this place to aid my memory as we say adios.

But Arizona, Here we Come! And just in time to buy a house at rock bottom prices to say the least (fingers crossed), and have some serious fun with my big sisters Mary and Em.

11 comments:

Sarah Hull said...

I am sad you are leaving, but happy you have decided on a place. I would love more details...like did Jared get a job out there.. and all of that. Are you leaving sooner than later? If it's later, lets please get together before you leave. We have a handful of friends in Arizona... so it just gives us one more excuse to come visit.

Brenda B said...

Are you moving by me?!?!

Amy Lindstrom ~ YourLifeUncommon.com said...

OK, for one...Dubai, well I actually have a really good friend, whose sister lives there! CRAZY! They go visit and, you know, pop right over to Egypt while they are in the neighborhood! CRAZY! The indoor skiing thing...well, that's just nuts!

I am sure that your mom feels SO much better about you going to Arizona! Hopefully you will live by Brenda! HOW FUN! What part are you going to?

Kerri said...

Arthur is dying to go to Dubai. For me, I think I would prefer to wait until all the construction is gone. But, we spend countless hours looking at pictures in amazement!

Keep us posted on the move! :(

jhoopes said...

Wow--off to Arizona! Sounds exciting! Keep us posted on the move and let us know how it is once you get settled in!

HAdams said...

Some of the very best go to Arizona (I don't know about Dubai)! I think the heat would be the very end of me and definitely Erik. But I am sure with the AC crankin' in the summer and those gorgeous winters it's pretty great! Good luck with the house hunt!

Sarahp said...

We are moving to Gilbert, Brenda, is that by you? I was thinking you are in Yuma, right? We may be leaving in a week or two, Sarah. I hope we can get together. Please call or email if you get a chance.

jordan said...

pleeeeease don't go! we will miss you guys way too much. Tell me again - why not stay here??

Meighan said...

You'll be another Arizona chick like your sisters! Well, atleast I can find most of the former Ercanbracks in one location. Will you be in the same area as your sisters? Good luck with the move. I hope all goes well =)

Frischknecht Fam said...

I don't know about all that . . . Arizona may be in trouble as you, Mary, and Emily take it by storm. (I didn't know Mary very well, but I still remember Emily's powers of creativity--ya'll are going to have nothing but fun.) I'm way excited for you . . .

Helen said...

A new chapter! So exciting!!