Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Flashback to Summer



Sooooo........I kind of missed a whole summer of blogging. We were in Utah and I took a vacation from a lot of things besides feeding and bathing my kids. My Mama and Pops were extraordinarily patient with our extended, extended stay of 2 months! (Davie spent half of his 4 month life there). Besides the King Reunion we spent the time frolicking in Utah while Jared took on a house-flipping in SLC. Here are some pics (courtesy of Grandma Barbara Parker), I'll let them do the talking.




Jared's baby. 1910 Windsor, SLC. In the 9th and 9th neighborhood--very adorable. This is the before pic. Cute little brick house, right? What looks like brick is actually an asphalt tile that is made to APPEAR like brick. Yes, those are ragged screens hanging off the front door and windows.

Construction phase
What became of the kitchen after Jared let the demolition boys loose in there.
The back bedroom, stripped. Even the boards under had to be replaced (there were weeds growing into the room when we first went in.)

The garbage pile in back grew and grew until it was big enough to eat the house, and then Jared found a group of huge Tongan guys in Smith's Grocery to come haul it away and stave off the tidal wave.


TA-DA!!!!!! The finished product!!!!!!






Just kidding. That is actually a Parade of Homes house we visited with Jared's parents. We don't have a "finished product" yet, but it is close. Here are a few pictures from this crazy Parade of Homes house.
The basement actually opened up to ANOTHER lower level made up of a PIRATE BOAT, and a CAVE with a slide leading to a HOT TUB in the lower cave.


Hot tub in bottom of cave with a flat screen for your entertainment. There is a door from the cave that opens up to a huge basket/wally/racket ball court. Crazy!



This is the little built-in playhouse/village in the house.

OK--this really is Jared's house, still unpainted exterior, but great improvements already. The new windows make a HUGE difference. Pretty much everything about the house is new. Electric, plumbing, new HVAC, even new interior framing.

New custom alder cabinets. Jared hired out the tile work to save his knees. And most of the other work too, actually.



David Richard Parker was (finally) blessed. He was almost 4 months old. It was sweet (even though he started spitting up during the blessing).

He barely fit into this blessing outfit from when my brother Lukas was a baby.


We didn't quite trust LuLu to hold Davie.
Aftie and her Grandma Parker (thanks for the pictures, Barb!)




There is the funnest water feature at Liberty Park in SLC. It is a miniature version of the Salt Lake and the rivers that feed into it, surrounded by little canyons.
Afton got into a tangle with her chewing gum.
David is a social baby. He loves people and loves to play the crowd. He's here with the big cousins Dylan, Brad and Nick.
More house reformation pictures to come!








9 comments:

Amy Lindstrom ~ YourLifeUncommon.com said...

Ok seriously Sarah! I had to pick my jaw back up with the "this is now" pic of the parade of homes...yeah I totally bought it for a second! :) NICE!

That POH house is CRAZY! Can you imagine living in a place like that?! That is insane!

Your hubby is doing an AMAZING job! That house is looking great!

Amy Lindstrom ~ YourLifeUncommon.com said...

BY THE WAY! I just saw the Frishknecht (sp?) blog in your links! IS THAT STACE? Will you email her and tell her I would LOVE to see her blog?! My email address is lindstromfamof5@gmail.com.

joni said...

Hey Sarah- You totally got me too. I called Aaron and said- you have to come look what Jared did! It was him who actually scrolled down some more and saw the real thing! Which, by the way, is super cute. We love the new exterior. Jared did an amazing job. Good luck moving to Arizona!

Robyn said...

Hey Sarah, that house is insane, I want that piarate thing at my house! Holy crazy! The other house really neat though tell your hubby good job! Cute pics of your fam too! Hey and Ditto if thats stacy I would love to see what she is up to!

Meighan said...

Jared's house is looking so cute. I love the new exterior. I can't believe people go all out on houses like that Parade of Homes house. Can you imagine? Good luck with the move =) Sorry we didn't make it to David's blessing. We moved the next morning and were saying goodbye to our ward/family etc. It was fun seeing you the week before!

Dre + Drew - Pacific Northwest Living - DuPont, WA said...

glad you are back! wow arizona! Life is an adventure isn't it. It is amazing where life takes us.

Anonymous said...

I think I can speak for everyone when I say, I would have loved that play room as a kid. That being said I must share with you that when I build my own house it will have secret passages, and a trap door that slides down to a ball pit. And just for fun in the ball pit I'll hide a skeleton that I still from a medical school.

Heather Nelson said...

Sarah,
Troy and I are thinking of moving to Arizona just for that POH house. I'm guessing we would not be able to find something like that in California! Could you imagine the ward parties?

Frischknecht Fam said...

Wow--Jared has been mighty busy. I'm way impressed with his handiwork, especially since Todd's idea of working construction usually invovles handing me a screw driver.

And, Davie is as cute as they come. (Avery saw the picture of Afton and proceeded to tell me that she was three and liked fishies. Isn't it funny how much kids remember after only a few visits?)